ZYRTEC HIVES RELIEF OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 10mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ZYRTEC HIVES RELIEF:
Itching due to urticaria.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture