Generic Name and Formulations:
Anthralin 1.2% (microcrystalline encapsulated); rapid-release cream.
Indications for ZITHRANOL-RR:
Stable plaque psoriasis.
Initially apply once daily (5–15 minutes contact time) for at least one week; may increase contact time to 30 minutes before washing off. Individualize. For skin: use sparingly. For scalp: wash and rinse hair; apply cream while hair is damp; may repeat treatment on alternate days.
Acute or actively inflamed psoriatic eruptions.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Apply cautiously on the face or intertriginous skin areas. Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation develops. May stain fabrics; avoid. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Possible contact allergic reactions, discolored hair or fingernails.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine