Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 37mcg/actuation; metered-dose nasal aerosol; contains HFA.
Indications for ZETONNA:
Treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
One actuation in each nostril once daily (37mcg/actuation); max 74mcg/day.
Conduct nasal examination before starting treatment. Discontinue if nasal erosion, ulceration, or perforation occurs. Active or quiescent respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic, or ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. Monitor for acute adrenal insufficiency if prolonged systemic corticosteroid therapy is replaced with topical steroids. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and for candida infection and other nasal cavity changes. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for vision changes or in those with a history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma or cataracts. Avoid spraying in eyes or directly onto the nasal septum. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Nasal discomfort, headache, epistaxis; nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, candida infection, impaired wound healing.
Nasal aerosol—6.1g (60 actuations)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk