Generic Name and Formulations:
Niraparib 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZEJULA:
Maintenance treatment in adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in a complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy.
Start treatment within 8 weeks after most recent platinum-containing regimen. Swallow whole. 300mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose adjustments for adverse reactions: see full labeling.
Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Monitor CBC weekly for the first month, monthly for the next 11 months then periodically thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (CTCAE Grade ≤1); discontinue if toxicities unresolved within 28 days after interruption (see full labeling). Monitor BP and heart rate monthly for the first year then periodically thereafter. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); monitor closely. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; exclude status prior to initiating therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for ≥6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after last dose).
Concomitant antihypertensives; dose adjustments of Zejula may be needed.
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, palpitations, nausea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain/distention, mucositis/stomatitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, fatigue/asthenia, decreased appetite, urinary tract infection, AST/ALT elevation, myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, insomnia, anxiety, nasopharyngitis, dyspnea, cough, rash, hypertension.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk