XYZAL ALLERGY 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5mg; tabs.
Indications for XYZAL ALLERGY 24HR:
To relieve symptoms due to hay fever or other respiratory allergies.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2–5yrs: max 1.25mg (2.5mL) once daily in the PM. 6–11yrs: max 2.5mg (5mL) once daily in the PM. ≥12yrs: 2.5mg–5mg once daily in the PM based on symptom severity. Max: 5mg/day.
Predisposing factors of urinary retention (eg, spinal cord lesion, prostatic hyperplasia). Discontinue if urinary retention occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers.
Drowsiness; allergic reaction (discontinue if occurs).
Renal (primarily), fecal.
Tabs—10, 35, 55, 80, 110; Soln—5oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure