Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoconazole 2%; topical gel (anhydrous).
Indications for XOLEGEL:
Topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis in immunocompetent patients.
Apply a thin layer to affected area(s) once daily for 2 weeks. Wash hands before and after use. Do not wash treated areas for at least 3 hours after application. Wait at least 20 mins before applying cosmetics, sunscreen, etc.
Avoid eyes, lips, mucous membranes. If irritation occurs or if disease worsens, then the use of the medication should be discontinued. Product is flammable (avoid open flames, smoking while applying). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Application site burning, headache.
Gel—45g; Xolegel Duo—1 kit (15g gel + 4oz Xolex shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%]); or (15g gel + 1.7oz Head & Shoulders shampoo [zinc pyrithione 1%])
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture