Generic Name and Formulations:
Radium Ra 223 dichloride 1000 kBq/mL (27 microcurie/mL) with a total radioactivity of 6000 kBq/vial (162 microcurie/vial) at the reference date; IV injection.
Indications for XOFIGO:
Treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer, symptomatic bone metastases and no known visceral metastatic disease.
See full labeling. Administer by slow IV over 1 min. 50kBq (1.35 microcurie) per kg given at 4 week intervals for 6 injections.
<18yrs: not established.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat. X).
Not for use in women. Bone marrow suppression. Perform hematologic evaluation at baseline and prior to every dose. Before 1st dose, the ANC should be ≥1.5 X 109/L, platelets ≥100 X 109/L and hemoglobin ≥10g/dL. Before subsequent doses, the ANC should be ≥1 X 109/L and platelets ≥50 X 109/L; discontinue if no recovery within 6–8 weeks after last dose despite receiving supportive care. Monitor closely if evidence of compromised bone marrow reserve. Discontinue if life-threatening complications occur despite supportive care for bone marrow failure. Monitor oral intake and fluid status carefully. Males (use condoms) and female partners of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraceptive method during and 6 months after completion. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alpha particle-emitting radioactive therapeutic agent.
Concomitant chemotherapy: not established. Discontinue if concomitant with chemotherapy, other systemic radioisotopes or hemibody external radiotherapy.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, peripheral edema, anemia, lymphocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia.
Single-use vials (6mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support