XIFAXAN 200mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rifaximin 200mg; tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for XIFAXAN 200mg:
Travelers' diarrhea due to noninvasive E. coli. Limitations of use: not for use if diarrhea is accompanied by fever or blood in stool, or if causative agent other than E. coli may be suspected (eg, C. jejuni, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp.).
200mg 3 times daily for 3 days.
Discontinue and reevaluate if diarrhea worsens or persists >24–48hrs. Not for treating systemic infections. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C). Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine); caution. Monitor INR and PT with warfarin; dose adjustment may be needed.
Flatulence, headache, abdominal pain, rectal tenesmus, defecation urgency, nausea.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D