VOLTAREN OPH SOLN Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diclofenac sodium 0.1%.
Indications for VOLTAREN OPH SOLN:
Post-op inflammation after cataract extraction. Photophobia and pain in corneal refractive surgery.
Cataract surgery: 1 drop 4 times daily beginning 24 hrs post-op for 2 weeks. Corneal refractive surgery: 1–2 drops within the hour prior to surgery, then within 15 minutes post-op, then 4 times daily for up to 3 days.
Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surguries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis. Diabetes. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Should not be used by patients currently wearing soft contact lenses. Monitor refractive stability for 1 year. Pregnancy (Cat.C); avoid during late pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with medications that prolong bleeding time. Concomitant use of topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Burning, stinging, dry eye, other ocular effects, increased bleeding (including hyphemas).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure