Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium, elemental (as carbonate) 500mg, Vit. D 500Units, Vit. K 40mcg; soft chews; caramel and milk chocolate flavors.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for VIACTIV:
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not recommended. ≥4yrs: chew one piece up to 3 times daily.
Blocks tetracycline absorption. Absorption decreased by corticosteroids, foods such as rhubarb, spinach, bran. May inhibit iron absorption (separate dosing). Monitor oral anticoagulants.
Chews—60, 100; Flavor glides—60, 110
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rate of Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care