Generic Name and Formulations:
Mebendazole 500mg; chew tabs.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VERMOX:
Trichuriasis (whipworm). Ascariasis (common roundworm).
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not established. ≥1yr: Chew completely before swallowing; if difficulty chewing, can add 2–3mL of water using a dosing syringe; wait 2mins and then swallow. Give 500mg as a single dose.
Risk of convulsions. Monitor blood counts if using higher doses or during prolonged therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Serious skin reactions (eg, SJS, TEN) with concomitant metronidazole; avoid.
Anorexia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, rash; neutropenia, agranulocytosis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure
- Greater Bone Formation With Teriparatide vs Zoledronic Acid in Osteoporosis