UCERIS RECTAL FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide 2mg; per metered dose; emulsion.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for UCERIS RECTAL FOAM:
Induction of remission in patients with active, mild-to-moderate distal ulcerative colitis extending up to 40cm from the anal verge.
For rectal use only. Empty bowels prior to administration. Apply 1 metered dose twice daily (AM & PM) for 2 weeks, then 1 metered dose once daily (PM) for 4 weeks.
Not for oral use. Active or quiescent tuberculosis, untreated fungal, bacterial, systemic viral or parasitic infections or ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral therapies. Supplement with systemic glucocorticosteroid in surgery or other stress situations. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic effects; monitor. May unmask allergies previously controlled by systemic corticosteroids. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Temporarily discontinue prior to colonoscopy bowel preparation. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C): monitor for hypercorticism; consider discontinuing if occurs. Flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin, cyclosporine, grapefruit juice); avoid.
Decreased blood cortisol, adrenal insufficiency, nausea; hypercorticism, adrenal suppression, immunosuppression, increased susceptibility to infection.
Canister—1 (14 doses); Kit—1 (2 canisters w. 28 applicators)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure