TYPHIM Vi Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Typhoid vaccine cell; surface purified Vi polysaccharide 25micrograms per 0.5mL; soln; for IM inj; contains phenol.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TYPHIM Vi:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Give at least 2 weeks before expected exposure; may repeat every 2 years. Adults: 0.5mL IM once in deltoid.
≥2yrs: 0.5mL in deltoid or vastus lateralis.
Not for use in chronic carriers or patients with active infection.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Immunocompromised states. Previous typhoid vaccination. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulopathies. Acute infection. Active febrile illness. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, headache, GI upset, myalgia, fever.
Multidose vials—contact manufacturer
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture