TYPHIM Vi Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Typhoid vaccine cell; surface purified Vi polysaccharide 25micrograms per 0.5mL; soln; for IM inj; contains phenol.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TYPHIM Vi:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Give at least 2 weeks before expected exposure; may repeat every 2 years. Adults: 0.5mL IM once in deltoid.
≥2yrs: 0.5mL in deltoid or vastus lateralis.
Not for use in chronic carriers or patients with active infection.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Immunocompromised states. Previous typhoid vaccination. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulopathies. Acute infection. Active febrile illness. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, headache, GI upset, myalgia, fever.
Multidose vials—contact manufacturer
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined