Researchers analyzed how improvements in metabolic syndrome may impact the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in patients with prediabetes.
A growing body of research highlights the important role of bone in glucose metabolism.
For patients with severe obesity and type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery is associated with a lower risk for macrovascular outcomes compared with not undergoing surgery.
Medically supervised, therapeutic fasting regimens can help reverse type 2 diabetes (T2D) and minimize the need for pharmacological interventions.
Quick Take: Efficacy and safety of LY3298176, a novel dual GIP and GLP-1 receptor agonist, in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised, placebo-controlled and active comparator-controlled phase 2 trial
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) potentiates the release of insulin from pancreatic beta cells in a glucose-dependent manner.
WHO guidelines recommend selecting sulfonylureas as the single best second-line agent for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) patients.
Quick Take: Effect of lorcaserin on prevention and remission of type 2 diabetes in overweight and obese patients (CAMELLIA-TIMI 61): a randomized, placebo-controlled trial
There is a strong relationship between body weight and the risk of developing diabetes.
Among U.S. women, a normally high circulating prolactin concentration is associated with a reduced risk for type 2 diabetes.
Greater variation of fasting plasma glucose over time is associated with an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Study results indicated that sitagliptin showed greater glycemic efficacy than dapagliflozin treatment.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond