Type 1 Diabetes
For this study, researchers conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 2 trial (N=24) to assess the efficacy and safety of adding oral verapamil for 12 months to a standard insulin regimen in adults with recent-onset type 1 diabetes (age range: 18 to 45 years).
Increased spending per encounter has been the biggest driver of overall rise in spending.
Significant, sustained decrease in blood glucose levels with low insulin doses of 3 to 10 U/kg.
Investigators examined the effect of the Penn Resilience Program for type 1 diabetes on diabetes-related distress, depressive symptoms, resilience, diabetes self-management, and glycemic control in a cohort of adolescents.
Identifying phases of C-peptide decline may be valuable for understanding β-cell survival.
Cirrhosis is associated with an increased risk for diabetes mellitus among patients living with HIV.
Stigma is associated with two-fold higher odds of poor glycemic control after adjustment for confounders.
Mini-dose glucagon was as effective as glucose tablets for preventing hypoglycemia and may result in less post intervention hyperglycemia.
ISPAD recommends adjustments for fluid management regarding rehydration rates in children and adolescents with diabetes ketoacidosis.
Study shows increased risks of autism spectrum disorder in association with types 1, 2, gestational diabetes.
CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor PolyneuropathyJune 29, 2018
Investigators evaluated the performance of the CAPPRI in assessing health-related quality-of-life outcomes in patients with diabetic distal sensorimotor polyneuropathy.
Investigators conducted a randomized crossover comparison of 2 dual-hormone artificial pancreas systems — one with rapid insulin and amylin, and another with regular insulin and amylin — with a rapid insulin-alone artificial pancreas.
Researchers conducted a randomized, open-label trial to assess the effect of an automated closed-loop insulin delivery system on glycemic control in hospitalized patients.
Patients were randomly assigned to receive insulin aspart or Technosphere inhaled insulin.
The MiniMed 670G system measures glucose levels every 5 minutes and automatically adjusts insulin delivery to avoid highs and lows.
In children with type 1 diabetes, the Omnipod hybrid closed-loop personal model system was safe and performed well.
After insulin optimization, participants with type 1 diabetes were randomly assigned to placebo, sotagliflozin 200 mg, or sotagliflozin 400 mg with insulin.
Investigators examined the prevalence of chronic kidney disease in adults with type 1 diabetes compared with type 2 diabetes.
Reducing basal insulin delivery by 50%-80% 90 minutes before aerobic exercise better prevents hypoglycemia risk vs basal suspension or disconnection at exercise onset.
The safety assessment included incidence of insertion or procedure-related removal and device-related serious adverse events through 180 after insertion.
The FDA has granted Orphan Drug Designation to PCS499 (Processa Pharmaceuticals) for the treatment of necrobiosis lipoidica.
Single blood sample looking at fasting glucose and HbA1c was a key predictor of subsequent diagnosis of diabetes.
U.S. officials need to take action to control spiking insulin prices, the American Medical Association says.
Although metformin has been studied in randomized trials as adjunctive therapy to insulin in individuals with type 1 diabetes, further investigation in the form of outcomes trials is necessary to assess risks vs benefits.
Researchers examined patterns of diabetes self-management behaviors and predictors of glycemic control in 7,153 adults enrolled in the Type 1 Diabetes Exchange clinic registry.
Children of parents experiencing stressful and severe life events in early childhood may be at risk for type 1 diabetes developing.
Investigators recorded hypoglycemic symptoms and monitored blood sugar levels by continuous glucose monitoring for 6 days.
The NDA was supported by data from the Phase 3 inTandem clinical trial program which assessed the safety and efficacy of Zynquista in ~3000 adults with inadequately controlled type 1 diabetes.
Investigators seek to determine he effects of continuous glucose monitoring on daytime and nocturnal hypoglycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging