TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; per 5mL; as polistirex; ext-rel susp.
Indications for TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 12hrs; max 10mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 12hrs; max 5mL/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Respiratory depression esp. in children; discontinue if occurs. Post-op. Compromised respiratory function (eg, pulmonary disease). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Underlying intestinal motility disorders. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Asthma. Hypothyroidism. Addison’s disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Nausea, vomiting, sedation, drowsiness, impairment of mental and physical performance, dysphoria, rash, pruritus; respiratory depression.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses