TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, acetaminophen 160mg; per 5mL; alcohol-free; bubble gum-flavored liq; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER:
Cough, fever, sore throat, allergy symptoms, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + antihistamine + analgesic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support