TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg; per 5mL; liq; grape flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 5mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT:
Cough, fever, sore throat, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: 5mL. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Liver disease. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + analgesic/antipyretic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage