Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; dental paste.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste:
Adjunct in oral inflammation.
Press (do not rub) thin film onto lesion at bedtime and, if needed, 2–3 times daily after meals. Reevaluate if no improvement in 7 days.
Fungal, viral, or bacterial infections of the mouth or throat.
Tuberculosis. Peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Pregnancy.
Local irritation or sensitization (discontinue if occurs); possible systemic effects (eg, adrenal suppression, glucose intolerance, protein catabolism, peptic ulcer activation).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes