Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; dental paste.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste:
Adjunct in oral inflammation.
Press (do not rub) thin film onto lesion at bedtime and, if needed, 2–3 times daily after meals. Reevaluate if no improvement in 7 days.
Fungal, viral, or bacterial infections of the mouth or throat.
Tuberculosis. Peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Pregnancy.
Local irritation or sensitization (discontinue if occurs); possible systemic effects (eg, adrenal suppression, glucose intolerance, protein catabolism, peptic ulcer activation).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Ivacaftor Improves Insulin Secretion in Children With Cystic Fibrosis
- Genetic Testing Recommended for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry