Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 100mg, 200mg; scored tabs.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for TRANDATE:
Initially 100mg twice a day. Titrate at 2–3 day intervals in increments of 100mg twice daily. Usual maintenance: 200–400mg twice daily; max 2.4g/day.
Usual maintenance: 100–200mg twice daily.
Asthma. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia, other conditions associated with prolonged or severe hypotension.
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function; discontinue at first sign of liver injury. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May block epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. Halothane.
Dizziness, GI upset, fatigue, nasal stuffiness, ejaculation failure, headache, dyspnea, vertigo, rash, orthostatic hypotension, edema, heart failure, bronchospasm, jaundice.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners