TODAY SPONGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 1000mg; vaginal sponge.
Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TODAY SPONGE:
Use as directed. Protection lasts up to 24hrs. Leave in place for at least 6hrs after intercourse; do not leave in longer than 30hrs.
Within first 6 weeks postpartum. History of toxic shock syndrome. During menstruation.
Recent miscarriage or abortion. Vaginal or uterine conditions (eg, vaginal septum, uterine prolapse).
Barrier contraceptive + spermicide.
Irritation, difficult or painful urination, abdominal pain, pain, fever, chills, discharge (discontinue); rare: toxic shock syndrome.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Type 2 Diabetes Associated With Increased Fracture Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Use of FSH in Early Diagnosis of Turner Syndrome
- Surgical Treatment Better Than Medical Therapy in Severely Obese Adolescents With T2D
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome