Divergent recommendations in guidelines from the USPSTF and the ATA/AACE contribute to the controversy surrounding whether to test and treat for subclinical hypothyroidism.
Thyroid stimulating hormone levels at diagnosis and the L-thyroxine dose through treatment may distinguish between permanent and transient congenital hypothyroidism.
Findings do not support the routine use of thyroid hormone therapy in adults with subclinical hypothyroidism.
Excess cardiovascular disease mortality persisted for many years after thyroid-ablative treatment in patients who received radioactive iodine who did not become hypothyroid.
The rate of pre-eclampsia and preterm delivery was higher in medically managed patients with hyperparathyroidism.
Adherence to the 2015 recommendation from ATA — to use lobectomy rather than complete thyroidectomy for low-risk differentiated thyroid cancer — is increasing.
Childhood radiation-induced thyroid cancer does not affect all-cause mortality compared with healthy individuals.
Malignancy was more common in children with thyroid nodules classified as indeterminate by BSRTC criteria compared with adults.
The BABA robotic thyroidectomy technique appears to be safe, with excellent outcomes in benign and malignant thyroid disease.
Ethanol sensitization before radiofrequency ablation of benign thyroid nodules reduced time, ablation energy, and complications compared with conventional ablation.
Recombinant Human Thyrotropin vs Thyroid Hormone Withdrawal After Radioiodine Therapy in Thyroid Cancer
Outcomes after radioiodine therapy are similar after preparation with either recombinant human thyrotropin or thyroid hormone withdrawal.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond