Divergent recommendations in guidelines from the USPSTF and the ATA/AACE contribute to the controversy surrounding whether to test and treat for subclinical hypothyroidism.
Patients with higher levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone were more likely to experience atrial tachyarrhythmia after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.
There are 14 states that perform a routine second screening in infants at approximately 2 weeks of age.
Choice between total thyroidectomy or lobectomy has little effect on risk for thyroid cancer mortality.
The association between maternal thyroid function in early pregnancy and child neurodevelopment was examined.
Investigators reviewed cases of patients with multiple sclerosis treated with alemtuzumab to determine the type and frequency of thyroid dysfunction.
The device is indicated for ultrasound echo imaging, measurement, and analysis of the human body for general clinical applications including musculoskeletal, vascular, small parts (breast, thyroid), and lung imaging.
Postoperative Radioactive Iodine Ablation Effective in Reducing Disease Recurrence in Low-Risk Thyroid Cancer
Investigators reported outcomes of a randomized phase 3 trial that assessed the use of radioactive iodine following surgical resection in patients with low-risk thyroid cancer.
Investigators sought to assess the link between treatment for thyroid cancer and subsequent cardiac and vascular complications.
On laboratory tests, the authors identified an unusual endocrine hormonal profile, including pituitary hormones below reference intervals and gonadal and adrenal hormones above reference intervals.
Investigators assed the 2017 American College of Radiology Thyroid Imaging Reporting and Data System for categorizing malignancy in children with thyroid nodules.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture