Subclinical thyroid dysfunction did not influence the cumulative incidence of new carotid plaques in healthy individuals aged 20 or older.
Researchers designed a cohort study to examine whether serum thyroid hormone levels within the reference range are predictive factors for developing metabolic syndrome in adults.
Shear wave elastography can be a useful tool in the preliminary diagnostics of parathyroid adenomas.
Treating Moderate to Severe Graves' Orbitopathy: Methylprednisolone Alone vs Combined With Mycophenolate
This study is the first to investigate the efficacy and safety of add-on mycophenolate to methylprednisolone for moderate to severe Graves' orbitopathy.
Levothyroxine treatment did not appear to improve pregnancy outcomes in women with thyroid autoantibodies undergoing in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer.
Antithyroid drug exposure during the first trimester was associated with an increased risk for congenital malformations.
Study raises the question of whether treatment with thyroid hormone replacement for individuals with TSH levels >2.5 mIU/L may be an economical first step in treating unexplained infertility.
Study showed that parathyroid hormone was a significant predictor of lumbar spine bone mineral density Z-score for pseudohypoparathyroidism 1B patients.
Survivors of thyroid cancer have a higher risk of developing age-associated diseases compared with patients who never had cancer, particularly if they were younger than 40 years at the time of diagnosis.
Study aimed to evaluate the benefits of levothytoxine treatment on pregnancy outcomes in subclinical hypothyroid pregnant women who are negative for thyroid peroxidase antibody.
Investigators aimed to determine strategies for improvement to reduce complications after thyroidectomy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis