Thyroid Feature Archive
Divergent recommendations in guidelines from the USPSTF and the ATA/AACE contribute to the controversy surrounding whether to test and treat for subclinical hypothyroidism.
Subclinical thyroid dysfunction did not influence the cumulative incidence of new carotid plaques in healthy individuals aged 20 or older.
Updated guidelines include thyroid function testing, iodine nutrition, pregnancy complications, and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy and lactation.
Subclinicial hypothyroidism has been associated with an increased risk for coronary heart disease events and mortality.
The revised guidelines for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis from the American Thyroid Association include several important updates pertaining to diagnosis, monitoring, and management.
The American Thyroid Association's updated thyroid cancer guidelines address risk assessment, personalized treatment, and more.
Endocrinology Advisor provides a closer look at the American Thyroid Association's guidelines for pediatric thyroid cancer.
Richard T. Kloos, MD, discusses new technologies and methods for diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Adequate iodine nutrition is essential for production of thyroid hormones, but many patients harbor misperceptions about iodine intake.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
Controversy about the effects of subclinical thyroid dysfunction and bone health are further clouded by conflicting study results.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners