Thyroid Feature Archive
Subclinical thyroid dysfunction did not influence the cumulative incidence of new carotid plaques in healthy individuals aged 20 or older.
Updated guidelines include thyroid function testing, iodine nutrition, pregnancy complications, and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy and lactation.
Subclinicial hypothyroidism has been associated with an increased risk for coronary heart disease events and mortality.
The revised guidelines for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis from the American Thyroid Association include several important updates pertaining to diagnosis, monitoring, and management.
The American Thyroid Association's updated thyroid cancer guidelines address risk assessment, personalized treatment, and more.
Endocrinology Advisor provides a closer look at the American Thyroid Association's guidelines for pediatric thyroid cancer.
Richard T. Kloos, MD, discusses new technologies and methods for diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Adequate iodine nutrition is essential for production of thyroid hormones, but many patients harbor misperceptions about iodine intake.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
Controversy about the effects of subclinical thyroid dysfunction and bone health are further clouded by conflicting study results.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support