Adherence to the 2015 recommendation from ATA — to use lobectomy rather than complete thyroidectomy for low-risk differentiated thyroid cancer — is increasing.
Childhood radiation-induced thyroid cancer does not affect all-cause mortality compared with healthy individuals.
Malignancy was more common in children with thyroid nodules classified as indeterminate by BSRTC criteria compared with adults.
The BABA robotic thyroidectomy technique appears to be safe, with excellent outcomes in benign and malignant thyroid disease.
Ethanol sensitization before radiofrequency ablation of benign thyroid nodules reduced time, ablation energy, and complications compared with conventional ablation.
Recombinant Human Thyrotropin vs Thyroid Hormone Withdrawal After Radioiodine Therapy in Thyroid Cancer
Outcomes after radioiodine therapy are similar after preparation with either recombinant human thyrotropin or thyroid hormone withdrawal.
Most imaging centers in the United States fail to analyze lateral neck lymph nodes during preoperative ultrasounds in patients with thyroid cancer.
Male thyroid cancer survivors have a nearly 50 percent higher risk of developing CVD than female survivors within five years of cancer diagnosis.
LOXO-292 is being evaluated in the ongoing Phase 1/2 LIBRETTO-001 clinical trial.
Calling it 'cancer' rather than 'lesions' or 'abnormal cells' could increase anxiety, likelihood of surgery.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond