Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [bovine origin] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for THROMBIN-JMI:
Aid to hemostasis for oozing blood and minor bleeding from accessible capillaries and small venules. Adjunct for surgical hemostasis with absorbable gelatin sponge.
For topical use only. See full labeling. Profuse bleeding (eg, abraided surfaces of liver or spleen): 1000 IU/mL. General use (eg. plastic surgery, dental extractions, skin grafting): 100 IU/mL. May dilute to prepare intermediate strengths, if needed. Oozing surfaces: may use dry form.
Direct injection into the circulatory system. Re-exposure if there are known or suspected antibodies to bovine thrombin and/or factor V. Treatment of severe or brisk arterial bleeding.
Severe bleeding and thrombosis complications.
Not for injection. Allergic reactions: have supportive measures available. Thrombosis. Antibody formation may interfere with hemostasis. Monitor for abnormal coagulation lab values, bleeding, thrombosis. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hypersensitivity reactions, bleeding, anemia, post-op wound infection, thromboembolic events, hypotension, pyrexia, tachycardia, thrombocytopenia.
Vials—1 (w. diluent); Pump Spray Kit (20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent); Syringe Spray Kit (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent); Epistaxis Kit (5000 IU)—1 (w. diluent); Gelfoam-JMI Kit (gelatin sponge or powder)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis May Affect Brain Development in Children With T1D
- Higher Rates of Comorbidities Among Holocaust Survivors
- Population Health Data May Help Identify Patients at Risk for CVD
- Newborn Genomic Sequencing Can Identify Disease Risk