THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 15mL; soln; contains alcohol 10%; contains potassium 5mg/15mL, sodium 7mg/15mL; cherry flavor.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU WARMING RELIEF NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH:
Minor aches and pains. Headache. Fever. Sneezing. Rhinorrhea. Nasal and sinus congestion. Itchy eyes, nose, throat.
30mL every 4 hours as needed. Max 180mL/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen, diphenhydramine (including skin) products.
Liver disease. Heart disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstuction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk