THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 1000mg, guaifenesin 400mg; pwd packets; natural citrus flavor; contains sodium 15mg, potassium 5mg, phenylalanine 24mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Fever. Headache. Sore throat. Cough. Chest congestion.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 6 hours; max 4 packets/24hrs.
Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. COPD. Asthma. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + expectorant.
Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support