This week, Google Glass gets a second chance, regular intense exercise can lead to arterial plaques, and research questions if at-home blood sugar monitoring is worth the burden.
Ambitious journalism from ProPublica shares the stories of women who died from pregnancy-related complications, while Slate examines how data from our medical devices can be used against us in a court of law.
Egg donors face serious — and undocumented — consequences and Stanford University researchers share the results of a digital step-tracking study.
Maternal mortality rates in California plummet and 3 former US Surgeons General have called for the end of involuntary medical procedures on intersex infants.
This week, biotech companies examine alternatives to pancreas transplants for T1D and researchers analyze cardiovascular risk profile in conjunction with thyroid disease.
This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, a reality TV show tries to fight type 2 diabetes, the AHCA is set to dismantle employer-provided contraception coverage, and research crowns mango as the newest superfood. These stories and more in The Handoff.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond