This week, Google Glass gets a second chance, regular intense exercise can lead to arterial plaques, and research questions if at-home blood sugar monitoring is worth the burden.
Ambitious journalism from ProPublica shares the stories of women who died from pregnancy-related complications, while Slate examines how data from our medical devices can be used against us in a court of law.
Egg donors face serious — and undocumented — consequences and Stanford University researchers share the results of a digital step-tracking study.
Maternal mortality rates in California plummet and 3 former US Surgeons General have called for the end of involuntary medical procedures on intersex infants.
This week, biotech companies examine alternatives to pancreas transplants for T1D and researchers analyze cardiovascular risk profile in conjunction with thyroid disease.
This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, a reality TV show tries to fight type 2 diabetes, the AHCA is set to dismantle employer-provided contraception coverage, and research crowns mango as the newest superfood. These stories and more in The Handoff.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- April 28 Is Drug Take Back Day
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Associated With Insulin Resistance Independent of Obesity in Children
- Factors Identified to Predict Fatty Liver in Obese Teens