TETANUS TOXOID ADSORBED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus toxoid; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TETANUS TOXOID ADSORBED:
Adults and Children:
<7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. ≥7yrs: Previously unvaccinated: three 0.5mL doses at elected date, then 4–8 weeks after first dose, and 6–12 months after second dose. Give booster dose at 11–12 yrs of age if last dose of tetanus and diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine was given ≥5yrs ago. Other: give booster every 10 years.
Latex allergy. Previous arthus-type hypersensitivity reaction: do not give more frequently than every 10 years. Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of last tetanus vaccine. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, tenderness), malaise, fever, hypotension, pain, nausea, arthralgia; rare: neurological disorders.
Single-dose vials (latex free)—10
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care