Generic Name and Formulations:
Methyltestosterone 10mg; caps.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for TESTRED:
In males, primary and secondary hypogonadism, delayed puberty.
Adults and Children:
Usually 10–50mg daily. Delayed puberty: use low dose and limit duration to 4–6 months.
Male breast or prostate carcinoma. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Discontinue if jaundice, abnormal liver function, hypercalcemia, or edema occurs. Cardiac, hepatic, or renal dysfunction. Monitor hepatic function, blood, and bone age. Elderly. Young children. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants, oxyphenbutazone. May alter insulin needs.
Peliosis hepatis, premature epiphyseal closure in adolescents, edema, hepatic carcinoma, prostatic hypertrophy or carcinoma, gynecomastia, priapism, oligospermia, nausea, jaundice, hirsutism, virilization, male pattern baldness, acne, polycythemia, headache, anxiety, depression, paresthesias, altered libido, fluid and electrolyte disturbances, suppression of clotting factors, increased serum cholesterol.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Ivacaftor Improves Insulin Secretion in Children With Cystic Fibrosis
- Genetic Testing Recommended for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry