TACLONEX OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as hydrate) 0.005% + betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for TACLONEX OINTMENT:
Apply to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. 12–17yrs: max 60g/wk. ≥18yrs: max 100g/wk. Limit treatment area to 30% body surface area. Do not occlude.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria develop; may resume once calcium metabolism has normalized. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, or irritation occurs. Do not use on face, axillae, or groin, or if atrophy is present at treatment site. Avoid eyes, sun, UV light (eg, phototherapy). Treat infection if present. Allergic contact dermatitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Systemic absorption potentiated by other corticosteroids.
Vit. D3 derivative + topical steroid.
Oint: pruritus, scaly rash. Susp: folliculitis, burning sensation of skin.
Oint—60g, 100g; Susp—60g, 2x60g
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine