TACLONEX OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as hydrate) 0.005% + betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%.
LEO Pharma Inc.
Indications for TACLONEX OINTMENT:
Apply to affected areas once daily for up to 4 weeks. 12–17yrs: max 60g/wk. ≥18yrs: max 100g/wk. Limit treatment area to 30% body surface area. Do not occlude.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria develop; may resume once calcium metabolism has normalized. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, or irritation occurs. Do not use on face, axillae, or groin, or if atrophy is present at treatment site. Avoid eyes, sun, UV light (eg, phototherapy). Treat infection if present. Allergic contact dermatitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative + topical steroid.
Systemic absorption potentiated by other corticosteroids.
Oint: pruritus, scaly rash. Susp: folliculitis, burning sensation of skin.
Oint—60g, 100g; Susp—60g, 2x60g
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage