SUPPRELIN LA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Histrelin acetate 50mg; SC implant.
Indications for SUPPRELIN LA:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Insert 1 implant SC in the inner aspect of the upper arm. Remove after 12 months; may replace. Consider discontinuing at appropriate time point for onset of puberty.
Use aseptic technique. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor LH, FSH, and estradiol or testosterone at 1 month post implantation, then every 6 months thereafter. Assess height and bone age every 6–12 months.
May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Implant site reactions (eg, bruising, pain, soreness, erythema, swelling), initial worsening of signs/symptoms.
Kit—1 (w. implant and insertion tool)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Gut Microbiota Profiles in Prediabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Show Muscle Metabolic Deficiencies
- Social Support of Autonomy Tied to Better Glycemic Control in Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation