Most Recent Articles by Steve Duffy
The sBLA includes results from the Phase 3 PANORAMA trial, which enrolled 402 patients with NPDR.
"We are extremely disappointed with the FDA's decision. We continue to feel strongly that Waylivra demonstrates a favorable benefit/risk profile in people with FCS," said Akcea CEO, Paula Soteropoulos.
The algorithm was designed to account for sperm survival, variation in cycle length, ovulation day, temperature fluctuations and the length of the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle.
A clinical trial assessing canagliflozin (Invokana; Janssen) as an addition to standard-of-care in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and type 2 diabetes (T2D) has been stopped early after meeting its pre-specified efficacy criteria.
Evenity is a bone-forming monoclonal antibody designed to inhibit the activity of sclerostin, which allows the drug to rapidly increase bone formation and reduce bone resorption simultaneously.
More Articles by Steve Duffy
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses