SIVEXTRO INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tedizolid phosphate 200mg; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SIVEXTRO INJECTION:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
≥18yrs: Infuse 200mg once daily over 1 hour for 6 days. Switching from IV to oral: no dose adjustment necessary.
<18yrs: not established.
Not adequately evaluated in patients with neutropenia (ANC <1000 cells/mm3); consider alternate therapies. Risk of C. difficile-associated diarrhea; discontinue if suspected or confirmed. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Tabs: May potentiate oral BCRP substrates; consider interrupting co-administered substrates esp. those with narrow therapeutic index (eg, methotrexate, topotecan); monitor if coadministration (including rosuvastatin) is necessary.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness.
Tabs—6 (blister pack), 30; single-use vials—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure