Generic Name and Formulations:
Diatrizoate meglumine 527mg, iodipamide meglumine 268mg; per mL; soln for intrauterine instillation; contains sodium 0.91mg/mL, organically bound iodine 380mg/mL.
Indications for SINOGRAFIN:
See literature for information on administration and radiography. Empty bladder before exam. 3–4mL administered in fractional doses of approx. 1mL are usually adequate to visualize the uterus; an additional 3–4mL will demonstrate the tubes. Total doses of 1.5–10mL have been used.
Pregnancy. During menstrual period. External genitalia or genital tract infection. Within 30 days of curettage or conization or within 6 months following termination of pregnancy.
Should be performed by personnel trained in diagnostic procedures that involve radiopaque diagnostic agents. Carcinoma of the uterus and/or uterine/tubes; possible dispersion of carcinogenic cells during procedure. History of asthma/allergy. Nursing mothers.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
May interfere with thyroid tests.
Dizziness, syncope, hypotension, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions; rare: bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrest, death.
Single-dose vial (10mL)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations