SIMILAC PM 60/40 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (whey protein concentrate, sodium caseinate), carbohydrate (lactose), fat (corn, coconut, soy oils), vitamins, minerals, iron 0.7mg/100Cal, taurine, L-carnitine. Whey:casein ratio is 60:40.
Indications for SIMILAC PM 60/40:
Feeding of infants with, or at risk of, hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia, or with renal impairment who would benefit from lowered mineral intake.
Prepared as directed provides 20Cal/oz.
Additional iron supplementation is needed. Calcium, phosphorus, sodium supplementation may be needed for very low birth weight infants (<1500g birth weight).
Low iron infant formula.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D