Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.5%; lotion.
Indications for SELSUN:
Tinea versicolor, dandruff, seborrheic scalp dermatitis.
T. versicolor: apply once daily, lather with small amount of water, wait 10 minutes, rinse; repeat for 7 days. Dandruff, dermatitis: massage into wet scalp, wait 2–3 minutes, rinse; repeat. Use twice weekly for 2 wks, then as needed.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes; acute inflammation or exudation (increases absorption). Rinse skin folds/genitals, wash hands thoroughly after use.
Irritation, sensitization, oily/dry scalp, increased hair loss.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes