Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentavalent, live rotavirus vaccine; oral susp; contains fetal bovine serum (trace); preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ROTATEQ:
Rotavirus gastroenteritis vaccination in infants 6–32 weeks of age.
<6 weeks or >32 weeks: not established. Each dose is 1 tube. Give 1st dose orally at 6–12 weeks of age; give 2nd and 3rd dose at 4–10 week intervals for a total of 3 doses. If incomplete dose is given, do not give replacement dose; continue with remaining doses in the recommended series.
Severe combined immunodeficiency disease. History of intussusception.
Immunocompromised (blood dyscrasias, leukemia, lymphomas, or other malignancies; primary and acquired immunodeficiency states, HIV/AIDS; cellular immune deficiencies; and hypogammaglobulinemic and dysgammaglobulinemic states; received blood transfusion or blood products, including immunoglobulins within 42 days). Febrile illness. Active or history of GI disorders. Chronic diarrhea. Failure to thrive. History of congenital abdominal disorders. Abdominal surgery. Risk of intussusception. Immunodeficient close contacts. Pregnancy (Cat. C), women of child-bearing potential: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling; oral polio vaccine: not recommended.
Diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, otitis media, nasopharyngitis, bronchospasm; rare: intussusception, hematochezia, seizures, Kawasaki disease.
Single-use tube (2mL)—10, 25
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture