Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentavalent, live rotavirus vaccine; oral susp; contains fetal bovine serum (trace); preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ROTATEQ:
Rotavirus gastroenteritis vaccination in infants 6–32 weeks of age.
<6 weeks or >32 weeks: not established. Each dose is 1 tube. Give 1st dose orally at 6–12 weeks of age; give 2nd and 3rd dose at 4–10 week intervals for a total of 3 doses. If incomplete dose is given, do not give replacement dose; continue with remaining doses in the recommended series.
Severe combined immunodeficiency disease. History of intussusception.
Immunocompromised (blood dyscrasias, leukemia, lymphomas, or other malignancies; primary and acquired immunodeficiency states, HIV/AIDS; cellular immune deficiencies; and hypogammaglobulinemic and dysgammaglobulinemic states; received blood transfusion or blood products, including immunoglobulins within 42 days). Febrile illness. Active or history of GI disorders. Chronic diarrhea. Failure to thrive. History of congenital abdominal disorders. Abdominal surgery. Risk of intussusception. Immunodeficient close contacts. Pregnancy (Cat. C), women of child-bearing potential: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling; oral polio vaccine: not recommended.
Diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, otitis media, nasopharyngitis, bronchospasm; rare: intussusception, hematochezia, seizures, Kawasaki disease.
Single-use tube (2mL)—10, 25
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined