RENOVA 0.05% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tretinoin 0.05%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RENOVA 0.05%:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of fine wrinkles, mottled hyperpigmentation, and tactile roughness of facial skin.
≥18 years: Wash face with mild soap, pat dry and wait 20–30 minutes before use. Apply a small amount to cover entire affected area lightly once daily in the PM. Do not wash face, or use other skin care products for at least 1 hour after application. Discontinue if sensitivity, irritation, or systemic reactions occur.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do not use on sunburn, eczema, other chronic skin conditions, or for sun-sensitive patients. Avoid eyes, ears, mouth, angle of nose, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid photosensitizers, topical irritants, and drying agents.
Local erythema, peeling, dry skin, burning, stinging, pruritus, hypo- or hyperpigmentation.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure