Generic Name and Formulations:
Immobilized lipase (iLipase); per cartridge.
Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for RELiZORB:
To hydrolyze fats in enteral formula in patients ≥5yrs.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. ≥5yrs: use with enteral pump flow rates 24–120mL/hr. Use 1 cartridge for up to 500mL of enteral formula; if formula volume >500mL, may install a second cartridge for use immediately; max 2 cartridges per 24hr period. If formula volume <500mL per feeding, discard cartridge after use. For compatible enteral formulas, pumps, feed sets, and pump extension sets: see full labeling.
For use with enteral feeding only. Do not connect to any IV line, set up, or system. Do not reuse. Not for use with gravity feed systems. Monitor patients with fibrosing colonopathy; may progress to stricture formation. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: not studied.
Avoid enteral formulas containing insoluble fiber. Do not administer or add other medications through the cartridge or to the enteral feed line (in between the pump and cartridge). Concomitant porcine pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy: not studied.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Gut Microbiota Profiles in Prediabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome Associated With Higher ALT Levels in Chronic Hepatitis B
- Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Show Muscle Metabolic Deficiencies
- Social Support of Autonomy Tied to Better Glycemic Control in Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation