Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [recombinant] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for RECOTHROM:
Aid to hemostasis for minor bleeding/oozing from capillaries and venules when standard surgical techniques are inadequate or ineffective. May use with absorbable gelatin sponge.
Apply directly to bleeding area, or soak into absorbable gelatin sponge and apply in a single layer.
Not for direct injection into circulatory system. Not for treatment of massive or brisk arterial bleeding. Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Avoid systemic absorption (thrombosis may occur). Hypersensitivity to snake proteins. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Incision site complication, infection, pain, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, cardiac events, thromboembolic events.
Single-use vial (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
20000 IU Recothrom kit (co-packaged with ZymoGenetics Spray Applicator Kit)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage