Generic Name and Formulations:
Coagulation Factor IX (recombinant), GlycoPEGylated 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for REBINYN:
On-demand treatment and control of bleeding in hemophilia B. Peri-operative management of bleeding in hemophilia B.
Limitations Of use:
Not for routine prophylaxis or immune tolerance induction in patients with hemophilia B.
Adults and Children:
Infuse slowly over 1–4mins. On-demand treatment/control of bleeding: Minor/Moderate: 40 IU/kg as single dose. Major: 80 IU/kg as single dose. Both: additional doses of 40 IU/kg can be given. Peri-op management: Minor: 40 IU/kg as single dose; repeat doses if needed. Major: 80 IU/kg as single dose; if needed, repeat doses of 40 IU/kg (in 1–3 day intervals) within first week, then may extend to once weekly until bleeding stops and healing is achieved. Administer within 4 hours after reconstitution at room temperature.
Hamster protein hypersensitivity.
Discontinue and treat if hypersensitivity symptoms occur. Monitor for development of Factor IX inhibitors; perform an assay that measures Factor IX inhibitor concentration if bleeding is not controlled with recommended dose or if the expected plasma activity levels are not attained. Potential risk for thromboembolic complications; monitor for signs of thrombotic and consumptive coagulopathy in patients with liver disease, post-operatively, neonates, or at risk for thrombosis or disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). Nephrotic syndrome. Avoid use of silica-based reagents to monitor Factor IX activity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Itching, inj site reactions; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent, vial adapter)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure