Generic Name and Formulations:
Pramoxine HCl 1%, hydrocortisone acetate 1%; aerosol foam.
Indications for PROCTOFOAM-HC:
Steroid-responsive anogenital dermatoses.
Apply 3–4 times daily.
Apply least amount compatible with therapeutic regimen.
Tuberculosis. Diverticulitis. Treat infection if present. Significant systemic absorption may occur. Discontinue if no improvement in 2–3 weeks. Children. Vaccinations. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Anesthetic + steroid.
Adrenal suppression, dermal and epidermal atrophy, poor wound healing, local irritation: folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, macerations, secondary infections, striae, miliaria.
Aerosol—10g (w. applicator)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage