PRENATE DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyridoxine 26mg, folate (as folic acid 400mcg + Quatrefolic 1.1mg [equivalent to 600mcg folic acid]) 1mg, Vit. B12 25mcg, Vit. C 90mg, Vit. D3 400 IU, Vit. E 40 IU, calcium (as formate) 155mg, iron (as ferrous asparto glycinate) 18mg, magnesium (as oxide) 50mg, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 300mg; softgel; contains fish oil, soy, gelatin.
Avion Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for PRENATE DHA:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 softgel daily.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA (>3g/day): bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants. Prenate AM (ginger extract): avoid concomitant anticoagulants or antiplatelets; may increase risk of bleeding.
Softgels—30; Tabs—30; Chew Tabs—30
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Prediabetes a Useful Indicator for Cardiovascular and Renal Risks