PreferaOB + DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thiamine 1.5mg, riboflavin 1.6mg, niacinamide 17mg, pantothenic acid 10mg, pyridoxine 50mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, biotin 30mcg, Vit. D3 400 IU, Vit. E 10 IU, iodine (as potassium iodide) 250mcg, iron (polysaccharide iron complex 28mg + heme iron polypeptide as Proferrin 6mg), copper (as cupric sulfate) 0.8mg, selenium (as sodium selenate) 65mcg, zinc (as oxide) 4.5mg; tabs. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, plant-based [microalgae]) 200mg; softgels.
Indications for PreferaOB + DHA:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab and 1 DHA softgel daily.
Wilson's disease. Hemochromatosis. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron blocks tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
PreferaOB—90; PreferaOB + DHA (30 tabs + 30 softgels)—60; PreferaOB ONE—30
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Ivacaftor Improves Insulin Secretion in Children With Cystic Fibrosis
- Genetic Testing Recommended for Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry