PreferaOB + DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thiamine 1.5mg, riboflavin 1.6mg, niacinamide 17mg, pantothenic acid 10mg, pyridoxine 50mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 12mcg, biotin 30mcg, Vit. D3 400 IU, Vit. E 10 IU, iodine (as potassium iodide) 250mcg, iron (polysaccharide iron complex 28mg + heme iron polypeptide as Proferrin 6mg), copper (as cupric sulfate) 0.8mg, selenium (as sodium selenate) 65mcg, zinc (as oxide) 4.5mg; tabs. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, plant-based [microalgae]) 200mg; softgels.
Indications for PreferaOB + DHA:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab and 1 DHA softgel daily.
Wilson's disease. Hemochromatosis. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron blocks tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
PreferaOB—90; PreferaOB + DHA (30 tabs + 30 softgels)—60; PreferaOB ONE—30
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine
- Intensive Lifestyle Interventions Cut Long-Term Disability in Type 2 Diabetes