Polymyxin B/Bacitracin/Neomycin Oph Oint Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, bacitracin zinc 400Units, neomycin (as sulfate) 3.5mg; per g; oph oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Polymyxin B/Bacitracin/Neomycin Oph Oint:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
1–2 drops or small amount of oint every 4 hours for 7–10 days. Max 2 drops every 2 hours.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Superinfection, sensitization, local irritation, delayed healing.
Ointment formerly known under the brand name Neo-Polycin, Neosporin.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis