Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000 Units, bacitracin zinc 500 Units; per g; oph oint.
Indications for POLYCIN:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Apply in the affected eye every 3–4 hours for 7–10 days.
Do not inject into the eye. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, sensitization (itching, swelling, conjunctival erythema), delays healing, superinfection.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture