Poly-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500 IU, thiamine 0.5mg, riboflavin 0.6mg, niacin 8mg, pyridoxine 0.4mg, Vit. C 35mg, Vit. D 400 IU, Vit. E 5 IU, iron (as sulfate heptahydrate) 10mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg or 0.5mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Poly-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand names Poly-Vi-Flor; Poly-Vi-Flor with Iron.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine