PNEUMOVAX 23 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pneumococcal vaccine 25mcg; each of 23 polysaccharide isolates; inj; contains phenol.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PNEUMOVAX 23:
Immunization against pneumococcal disease caused by approximately 85–90% of common U.S. isolates.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 0.5mL IM or SC once in deltoid muscle or lateral mid-thigh.
Not for routine revaccination after previous pneumococcal vaccination in immunocompetent patients. Within 14 days of immunosuppressive therapy.
Severe cardiac or pulmonary disease where a systemic reaction would pose a significant risk. May defer in acute febrile respiratory illness or other active infection. Do not discontinue antipneumococcal prophylactic antibiotic therapy. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, low grade fever.
Multidose vials—1,10; Single-dose vials—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses