The presence of a pituitary tumor on magnetic resonance imaging confirmed the diagnostic hypothesis.
Results show increased hospital charges, costs and length of stay for patients treated by lower-volume surgeons.
Copeptin represents a novel, early marker for postoperative diabetes insipidus after pituitary surgery.
The FDA has approved pasireotide (Signifor long-acting release) for treatment of acromegaly.
Researchers have discovered a single gene in a region of the X chromosome that may cause excessive growth in children.
The Endocrine Society has issued a clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of acromegaly.
Proton irradiation is an effective treatment for functional pituitary adenomas, and hypopituitarism remains the primary adverse effect.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses